I'm at a rather precarious moment in my life/career....and I'm not sure how I feel about it.
My current job ends on 30th September. I have not got a job lined up for after this date.
We are waiting on the Welsh Government to accept a tender that would mean I should have 3 days a week work from October, but this has not been confirmed yet and all we can do is wait.
I have a little plan to do the following, IF I get 3 days a week work with the University.
- Work three days a week at the University (go to an exercise class a day at the campus Gym)
- Have Irving 2 days a week at home
- Sign up for a Level 2 Gym Instructors course (blended learning part time)
- Look at training to be a fitness instructor in 1 or 2 classes (body pump/spin/kettle bells)
- Take required courses
- Teach a few classes a week
- Get some 'work experience' shadowing PT sessions at my gym
- Study a Level 3 Personal Training qualification
- Start taking on some clients
- Put Irving back into nursery if/when I can earn money to cover the extra childcare costs
I would start the Level 2 course in November.
I would then take at least 1 instructor session by late Spring next year (2015)
I would like to start the Level 3 PT course by Easter next year (finances allowing)
Now it's a waiting game until I can kick this into action...
IF I don't get the 3 days a week....plan B...what's that??
(possibly supply teaching??)