Roller Derby...where I'm at


So, I now have all of my kit for Roller Derby:

A bag which is on it's way (hopefully arrive by the end of the week)

A mouth gaurd, helmet & pads (elbow, knee and writs gaurds) and of course -

Skates:





I have singed up for a 6-weeks beginngers course with CROC - Cardiff Roller Collective - and I'm hoping that by the end of it I'll be ready to join Fresh Meat (with them or Tiger Bay Brawlers...depending who I choose!).

I feel like a bit of a traitor at the moment becuase I was practicing with TBB to start with and have now gone over to CROC...the thing is that the teams are so different and have such different attitudes towards trainng and playing, I'm just seeing where I fit best.

I need to work on my minimum skills, which I have to pass to be able to play my first 'bout'.
I can do my falls so far, 1 knee, 2 knee, basball slide and 180. I need to pactice T-stops and transitions, speed (25 times round the track in 5 mins), and lots of other things!

I have a training session tonight for 2 hours and I think I'm going to be introduced to hits/checks! Great! Can't wait!




2 comments:

Sian said...

See you tonight!

maw said...

Oooh shiny new derby gear. How exciting. I won't be there tonight, but I look forward to seeing you at training over the next few weeks.

I think it's great that you have the option to try out training with both teams, and whichever you choose you'll get to skate with some awesome women (and men sometimes too I expect).

If you have any questions or need help with anything, just grab one of us at training (or message via twitter/fb). It's not that long since we all started really, so we've all been there :D